Monday, 9 July 2007

Through bad times and worse, there's always someone more deserving of an award for bravery...

I haven't been on Myspace enough lately, and my blog has gone into ruin.  I just updated my profile, but that doesn't make up for the weeks of lost diary entries.
So, as you will have seen in my profile if you've read it, I've never had my own bedroom...or even my own BED!!!  And now, aged 16, I've decided - quite time too, I think - that I can't sleep next to my Mum any more.  It actually makes me feel physically sick. 
Dad's in a foul mood with me over this, since there's only the one double mattress in the house, and we're both expected to sleep on it while he sleeps on the sofa in the living room.  But now that Mum's been kicked out of her own bed, where's she going to sleep?  The sofa, of course!  And that leaves nowhere for Dad to go to bed...  So now he is actually driving to the new house each night to sleep in a bed over there!  Pathetic set-up, and what's going to happen once the architects move in?  He can't sleep over there now.  Mum's getting a dreadful backache on the sofa too, but I'm not backing down yet!
Then Elisabeth, who I've been really looking forward to seeing again, finds out she won't be able to come to the Bristol Ponycon after all, which has really broken my heart.
And to top it all off, I've had dreadful stomach ache all day for no apparent reason, along with excruciating pains in my ribs, shoulder and neck every time I move. I really thought I must be the hardest-up person worldwide...that is, until a close friend wrote to me.
I shan't reveal her name here, but you know who you are, and you honestly deserve an award for your bravery tonight.  It's going to be hard for a few days, or even weeks now, but I'm here for you if you need me.   Not that I'm much, but better than nothing, eh?  Good luck, Sweetie.
Best wishes,
Desiree Skylark xxx
P.S.  In all the trauma of tonight, I almost forgot.  If, by any random chance you ever see this blog, Shane, thanks a million for adding me you to your Myspace friends.  You'll never know how much it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment