Thursday, 19 July 2007

Update on my last pony-related blog

Current mood:  cheerful

OK, a little later than I had hoped (Well, a LOT later actually, but here are the pictures, and further details, as promised...
Before Pics

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!
July 19th 2007 ~ Before Picture 1
July 19th 2010 ~ Before Picture 2
July 19th 2010 ~ Before Picture 3
July 19th 2010 ~ Before Picture 4
July 19th 2010 ~ Before Picture 5
July 19th 2010 ~ Before Picture 6
And then for after pics, and a bit more description, just in case you were still a little uncertain on the variants...

Collector Blue Belle (tail-less) and Posey (with faded hair and symbol)

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!

Peachy (Grooming Parlour version :D), who does have some smooze spot stains, but I think I've killed it with oxi-clean (*Fingers crossed*) and Sweet Lily (Tail-lesss again, but she has such a lovely soft white mane!

July 19th 2010 ~ Peachy and Sweet Lily
Nice 'n' Spicy (with symbol scratches, but nothing else wrong at all), and Fifi (tail-less - agh!  The previous owner of this pony must have been pretty rough with her ponies! - but with beautifully un-faded symbol.  My original Fifi has blue bows for a symbol)
July 19th 2010 ~ Nice n Spicy and Fifi
Thundercloud (OK, so he's baity with practically no hair, and huge brown smooze smudges all over him, but he's still an exciting find to me!), and Sugar Apple (look at those lovely curls - I didn't re-curl her hair, so that's why they're less-than-perfect [not that I can re-curl perfectly anyway!],  they just bounced back into her hair after a very gentle washing and brushing!  And she smells so sweet!) :)

July 19th 2010 ~ Thundercloud and Sugar Apple
Honeysuckle (Very sad case.  I already have her, but only with white hair, and then I go and find this girl with bright pink hair...but missing her tail!!! :angry:   And with the initials EMM written across her side in ballpoint pen.  AGH!), and Kiss Curl (Still some pink in her hair.  Overall very nice.)
July 19th 2010 ~ Kiss Curl and Honeysuckle
Music Time (absolutely MINT!  I can't find a thing wrong with her!) and Rollerskating Melody (Missing a wheel and a couple of tyres, but still, another good find to me!)

July 19th 2010 ~ Melody and Music Time

And finally for the two ponies that got me most excited of all...

...

...

....

....

July 19th 2010 ~ Princess Pristina and Peach Blossom
Princess Pristina and Peach Blossom!

But not your usual kind, oh no!

Princess Pristina is a UK variant, who I personally had never even heard of (although I now see Shelti has one pictured in the Arena Nirvana Gallery).
July 19th 2010 ~ Princess Pristina
July 19th 2010 ~ Princess Pristina 2
Those Princess and Happy Tails variants that we already know of are weird enough, but what on Earth is this?

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!
Her blue tail is a Flutter Pony tail (Wing Song's, I believe), as I can tell from the size of the little bit of metal that holds it together.  Weirdly though, even though her head was Hasbro sealed, she has no washer inside...  Which leaves me wondering (even though the seller said this was her entire childhood collection), if she didn't have a tail at all, and was given this one by her former owner, donated by a missing Wing Song.

It's especially possible that she had no tail, since she has NO MANE!  I originally thought a customiser may  have had her before, except that what the seller said had put me off of that theory, and on closer inspection she has no plugs at all, and the inside of her head is completely smooth, so I don't think it's a possibility she ever had any mane at all...

I've tried to show her lack of plugs in these  two photos, but it's not showing up too well.  All she has are the lines that show where the plugs should be...

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!
July 19th 2007 ~ Peach Blossom
I did find a Morning Glory years ago, with a Hasbro sealed head, and Hasbro sealed (with a washer) tail in Wind Drifter's green...  Maybe all four of the Flutters from the first set who were not officially re-released the following year have odd counterparts with second year Flutter's tails...  Meaning somewhere out there should be a Forget-Me-Not and Honeysuckle with a Tropical Breeze red or Cloud Puff blue/green tail respectively...  But that doesn't explain the lack of plugs in Peach Blossom's head. 

What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment