Saturday, 15 September 2007

Nothing's familiar...

Current mood:  giggly

This is utterly crazy ~ I think I must be dreaming!!!
Yesterday, although I forgot to say it in my last blog, I was so un-nerved by some horrible old man who was in a van alongside us in a traffic jam, who kept leering through the car window at me until I felt the need to pull my huge winter coat up over me (WHY ME?!  It's not like I'm allowed to wear revealing clothing - why do I always pick up the nutters?), I almost didn't go out today, but I'm glad I did in the end.
This morning, Dad came back from the house (where he'd been sleeping last night) with a parcel for me, which he had picked up from the post office on the way back here.  It was my mum's kind family history e-pal again, having found yet more ponies for me at the car boot sale!  She's been going on and on about a "Big" pony, and I thought it was going to be one of those Asda fakies...but it was Styling Rainbow Dash, complete with tiara and three original hairclips...plus almost all of her original stickers, and although they've been stuck all over her, I'm pretty sure I can salvage both her and them from the sticky mess!!!

Along with RD she sent two fakies (including the cutest one I've ever seen with GORGEOUS red hair - think Tales Lancer's red, my favourite MLP hair colour!), Dainty Dove, Baby Halfnote (With the sweetest little handmade coat!), Baby Tiddly-Winks, Petal Blossom, Bride Pony, No Country Sundance, The Mintiest Lemon Drop EVER (looks like she's just come out the packet, and she's got such thick hair compared to most I've seen) and UK Baby Glider (Again, in minty mint condition!)  I am so, so, SO happy to have them all. 
Anyhow, since she'd sent all of these ponies (and they cost her over four pounds just to send! ) we felt we ought to go to Kew Archives and research her criminal ancestor for her.  On the way we went in Tesco though, to check out the ponies Dad thought he saw last night - sure enough the new Ponyville Teacup set was there, and Dad has bought it for me as a "surprise" () Christmas present!  Also there was the Storytime Pinkie Pie.  I've been waiting for what seems like forever for her to arrive in the UK shops, so I snapped her up, even if she did set me back eight quid, which I feel is a little overpriced compared to what other shops must be selling her for...
Anyhow, we were driving through Ealing Broadway, and I was getting a little depressed.  We're just supposed to be moving over to Northfields (near Ealing) finally, and everything is shutting down!  Beales is having a final clearance sale, and being replaced by...PRIMARK.  God help us.   Beales has been there as long as I remember (not surprisingly - it's been there about thirty years! ).  I still recall when it was Bentalls and we'd queue for hours to get the latest Beanie Babies...I bought a ton of my G2 ponies there too.  *Sighs*  All the places I'd go to think about my happy childhood memories are being taken away one by one.  Over 700 flats are being built in Ealing.  God help us some more, PLEASE!  That means even more drunks and ungrateful immigrants begging for money.  And pound shops are even starting to creep in...  Oh dear.
Anyway, I was just starting to feel really down when Mum pointed out an Open House Weekend event down one of the sideroads.  The Questors Theatre.  We decided to stop and take a look around...and we even got on a free backstage tour. 
I'd completely forgotten that the theatre even existed.  And it's about twenty minutes walk from the new house!   So, OK, it's a place for amateur dramatics, but we all have to start somewhere, eh?  Do you see what I'm getting at?   It costs about forty pounds ($80) a year to belong, but for that, you can audition for their shows for free, and can get massive discounts on tickets for shows for yourself and your entire family!  You also get discounts if you go to the local college there, since the same people do acting and voice classes (YAY!) there as the people who ocassionally go and give the amateur dramatic people lessons.  Actually, I personally think they could do with saving up for some more lessons, but I'll  get back to that later!   We got to see a preview of one of their shows while we were there, and they had a really catchy tune in it...something along the lines of, "Something familiar, something peculiar".  Actually, I'd like to change those words a little, thank you.  This whole world is peculiar, and nothing is familiar...even on your own future doorstep!  I doubt I'd ever get cast for any parts, but at least I'll be able to keep trying, even once I get my office job and stay in Ealing looking after my parents forever.  Bleh.
Dad was in a fowl mood as usual, and was trying to embarrass me by keep making snide comments towards the tour guide.  WHY?  Trying to stop me going back, I guess.  Of course, we didn't get to Kew Archives, and that's left me feeling a little guilty...  
Half the cast members were busy today, so when they performed the part of the show we watched, they appealed for people to come down from the audience to take part.  I was asked to go, but my parents answered up for me, and said I was NOT going.  Bleh. Again!  I wish I'd just got up and shown them - I reckon I could have done the routine a darn sight better than the actors in it!  (Not that I'm big-headed or anything...they were just pretty bad! ) Oh well, it was fun to watch the idiots who went down 'learning to dance' (i.e. tripping over their own feet, and tripping the choreographer up too! )  Am I wicked to say that?
We had a quick walk around Ealing Broadway, the shopping centre that's going into ruin, but there wasn't much there.  Argos had no reduced ponies in the catalogue, and I can't buy any of the jewellery I've fallen in love with in there due to my parents.  WHSmith had very few of the magazines we were looking for, even though we haven't been for weeks, due to my lazy father not taking us - we must have missed them all! And as for TKMaxx, there wasn't a pony or pony t-shirt in the place.
"Why are you looking for t-shirts anyway?" My Mum asked.  "You can't wear them with those horrible capsleeves."  Right now I might not, mother, but once we move house, I'm going to be ME, not the slave of my parents!  So I need to get the MLP t-shirts while I can!
However, I'm not going to give Mum a hard time over that, since admittedly she DID say she thought I might want to join the theatre, and that's why she pointed out the open day.  She's still been slagging off the actresses in the show we saw for being "tarts" ever since though, since some "dared to wear clothing that showed their legs".  Heck, how else are they supposed to play certain parts?  My dad's driven her to insanity.  I'm puzzled though.  Tonight she's back to saying she has "no idea what weird thoughts are going through my head", and I "talk rubbish, saying I'm going to emigrate", or "if I am going to emigrate and leave her, please say before she wastes her money moving house".  I'm messed up either way.   If we stay here, I can't leave the house, get a job, and save up to move away.  If we move, I'm supposed to be "grateful" and live alongside her in the house forever, not even moving away to get married or have kids, far less for work or pleasure.  In fact, she's hinted at me bringing my husband and family to live in the loft at the new house, should I ever get married, and I don't think she's joking!   She's also saying I "can't put her through the stress of having an operation just to get my teeth sorted for my looks.  I have to prove to her it's for a valid reason, like they're really hurting me."  They are hurting me...mentally...as are my parents.  And er...have you forgotten something?  It's MY mouth that I have to live with, and MY life I'll be putting at risk by having an aneasthetic!  Where does "putting her through stress" come in???
Anyhow, I'm not getting down over that now.  I'm hopeful that I'll at least be able to act on a stage in front of an audience now, even if it's only as a hobby and not a career.  I was also reading up on the "Voice Acting Alliance" last night, and joined the forum.  If I can get a desk microphone, maybe I can do online amateur VA'ing, and get on with my merry little life as a computer graphics designer/carer for my mum in her old age.    Not sure why I'm laughing at that.  It's the most likely thing that could happen.
Anyway, I'm going.  I should be in bed, and I just noticed Caroline has IM'd me...   That's it, girl!  Have a good giggle at that too!
Best wishes,

A-Very-Amused-Desiree  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment