Sunday, 30 December 2007

A Special Anniversary... Not Such a Special Day

Current mood:  sick

"The blog begins...
I tried to post last night, but it didn't work, so I'm trying again now!  *Fingers crossed it works this time around*
Hello, and welcome to the mad world of the Desiree Skylark's My Little Pony Rescue Home Blog!  To find out more about us, please visit our forum at http://ponyrescuehome.proboards84.com We will soon have a proper website too, but I just don't have time to sort it out at the moment!
Nothing much has happened today.  Mum and Dad have been using Dad's computer all day to sort out Mum's family tree, and I've not been doing much at all.  I did count up my ponies and found that I now have 1631 G1's (614 different), 218 G2's (118 different) and 395 G3's (324 different) making a total of 2244 ponies (1056 different)!!!
We're going to go to Asda tonight...all very exciting to the readers of this blog, I'm sure.  But, who knows what I'll find there, my pony friends?  Maybe I'll be able to announce Lily Lightly's arrival in the UK when I get home!
Best wishes,
Desiree (Lancer)"
Do you know what that was?  That, my friends, was my very first ever Myspace blog.  
Do you know when it was posted?  Precisely one year ago today!  I have officially been blogging for 365 days.
It's interesting to see what I wrote in that blog actually.  "Desiree Skylark's My Little Pony Rescue Home Blog"?  It seems I wasn't intending on keeping this as a diary of everything that happened in my life, but more of a "pony blog" detailing what ponies I got when and where, and trying to help pony collectors in the UK track down items for their collection.  Maybe I was trying to promote my MLP forum a bit too.  I have MANY more ponies now (mainly G3s) and ended up buying Lily Lightly from the US as it happened.   With 2007 drawing to a close, it does seem a good time to reflect on what has happened this past year, and indeed in the years preceeding it.  Hence, I'm designing a brand new profile - detailing all the boring facts about my life so far.  Don't worry - it's not obligatory to read it all!
Apart from desiging a new profile, what has happened on this glorious anniversary.  Well, several brilliant things actually.
David went to the other house last night...and overslept, meaning he left the car parked out in the street for too long, meaning he now has a £40 parking ticket to pay...and his bosses still haven't paid him or contacted him to let him know what's going on.
Although David slept at the other house last night, he did sleep on the communal bed the two nights before that, while sneezing and sniffling everywhere with a dreadful cold.  I begged him not to, but he still went up there for hours on end...so guess what?  Both Mum and I, who had to sleep in that bed almost immediately after he'd left it, have come down with AWFUL colds!  And when I say awful, I'm not exaggerating at all.  I still have a cough left over from my last virus, and now I really can't breathe at all.  Every so often my whole nose seems to explode with a sneeze, and I have to dash off to get a tissue in a real hurry.  I'm actually scared to be too far from that tissue box now...
Mum has got it worse than me.  Although her nose isn't running at all, she has a dreadfully sore throat, and has been fast asleep practically all day.  As her symptoms are different, I do hope hers isn't a third virus - I have to go and lie next to her in a bed in a minute, so I don't stand a chance of not catching it if it is.
Despite her awful illness, Mum decided to battle out to the sales in Uxbridge with David and I (she was worried we'd "get seperated in the crowds").  So I couldn't buy any of the stuff I need to buy.  Not with them sitting on my shoulders the entire time.  Mum almost had a heart attack when I walked behind a pillar in New Look and "disappeared from view".  She went into some kind of hysterical laughter...  David stood outside in a fowl mood the entire time, so I couldn't even look for trousers.  I simply can't wear these grey ones any more.  Forget the fact that they're disgusting things anyway, I can actually see my skin through them, now that they're so thin.   There was no sign of that Lofty t-shirt in New Look either.
Nothing else really happened.  I'm going to have to go now.  I honestly can't breathe any longer without going and blowing my nose first.  I feel so sick.   Thanks to those of you who've been my friends all along for hanging in there, and reading my b-ore-logs.  I look forward to many more years to come.
*Coughs and sniffles to you all...well, not literally!  I meant hugs and kisses. *
The Sore-nosed Sneezing Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment