Saturday, 13 September 2008

Interior designing is just not my thing...

Current mood:  content
 
David sulked all morning, saying he "wasn't doing anythink" today, because Mum refused to go and lie on the communal bed (at least she understands and cares about my feelings on people all sharing the same bed both for sleeping and as a work desk!) so that she could look at a picture of a fridge.  No, I've no idea why he couldn't show the picture to her elsewhere in the house.  I think it was just an excuse to sleep all day, because he has a stinking cold which he's most likely going to pass on to us.  Everyone grab the echinacea!!!  Too late, I can feel a sneeze coming on me right now.  Ugh.
Having said he "wasn't doing nothink", he came downstairs at 2pm and asked why we weren't ready to go out!  Mum and I quickly changed into some slightly less scruffy clothes (I wore the leggings that I bought yesterday, and was reminded just how comfortable they were compared to these baggy things.  I wish I'd got more now!), and went to Comet.
There we had an argument about microwaves.  David wants an ENORMOUS one (the same size as our whole oven), but Mum and I can't see why you would possibly need such a big microwave.  We're never likely to want to put more than one or two ready meals inside.  They don't sell any integrated fridges or washing machines in Comet, so we quickly moved on.
We went to Brent Cross shopping centre.  John Lewis has a huge department for curtains and carpets, but none of us know where to start.  Mum seems to want heavy patterns to "make the house look as her Auntie Eva would have wanted it", but who really wants old-fashioned flowers on thich red curtains in every room?
We looked at them for so long that we got quite weak.  So Mum and I quickly walked up to Fenwicks, thinking there might be more fabrics up there.  But there wasn't a department listed on the boards outside.  However, we saw they now have a Krispy Kreme Doughnut shop inside.  I offered to get one for Mum, because she was so tired, but when we turned around, we realised David wasn't following.  So where was he?  We found him in WHSmith, buying himself a book, of course!
It worked to our advantage though, as David bought the doughnuts.  Two for each of us, in fact...  At which point, we were told that if he bought seven, we got another five free!  Can you tell that I'm a doughnut fanatic?
Oh, for those who are interested, Star Song's Tour Bus was for sale in Fenwicks - that's the first time I've seen it here in the UK.  I'm a bit disappointed to see Star Song is exactly the same as her last release.  They could have at least changed her pose!
We walked through John Lewis again on the way back, and while looking for wallpaper, found the kitchen department (Don't ask!).  But it worked out quite well actually, as we think we've found a suitable washing machine, oven, microwave, and fridge/freezer at last!  It seems that sometimes things just fall into place when you least expect them to.
Right, I really need to go to bed now, but I promise I shall catch up with all my correspondence tomorrow.
Best wishes,
Desiree Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment