Friday, 3 October 2008

"I can fly too. At least I could before my wings got soaked!"


Current mood:  calm
 
If I hear Sandy Duncan as Firefly saying the same thing one more time, I think I'll scream!
As if I haven't got enough to do, it would appear that since I posted that sales thread for people going to the Ponycon, I've had endless messages from people overseas wanting to buy my duplicate MLP videos.
Now don't get me wrong, I'll be pleased to get these things out of the house.  But the pre-sale checking is getting on my nerves.  I don't dare sell a 21-year-old VHS tape without checking it works though.  So even now as I write this blog, I have one eye on the TV watching yet another showing of "My Little Pony In Dreamland", "Rescue At Midnight Castle", "Firefly's Adventure" or whatever you care to call it.
I'm really sorry I haven't written a blog for so long, and haven't messaged so many of you for days on end.  I went into another of my depressions and really didn't want to force you lot to have to listen to any more of my moaning.  Not to mention it seems I've been constantly busy, and Mum wants the computer more and more anyway.
But nothing much has happened this week, so I guess I can write a quick round-up of events now.
David seems to have got it into his head that I no longer need to leave the house on a daily basis.  I was desperate to find a t-shirt to design for the Ponycon, and was getting more and more stressed that I couldn't get to any shops.  So I jumped at the chance to even go to Sainsbury's on Monday night.
However, when I went to look for a suitable t-shirt, David called me to say, "I didn't know we were here to look at clothes!" in a rather disgusted way.  I ignored him, and took a look anyway.  I'm pleased to announce that I was able to find a white t-shirt for just £3.  I thought at first that it was too big, and was pretty worried since it's the smallest size they had in stock, and I'm running out of time.  But when I tried it on the next day it didn't look half so bad.  Very odd.  The only problem with it is that because it's skinny-fitting you could see the whole shape of my crop top through it, which obviously is not the best effect.
On Tuesday night, David reluctantly took me to Tesco.  But he wouldn't even allow me to go and see if they had the new ponies in stock, despite the fact I'd stood for ages while he looked at a load of newspapers he was buying anyway.  Yes, even though we're broke, he's still buying three of four newspapers a day!
Yesterday, I didn't leave the house at all.  One bit of exciting news though: one of the parcels I had been expecting showed up.  So who wants to see the latest addition to my herd?
She came in a pretty box...

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!

And inside the box she has her own bag...

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!

Yes, she's definitely a very special pony!
May I introduce you to Sunny Grace, the European Convention exclusive pony.  I bought her from the German Fair organisers.  Isn't she just gorgeous?


And no, her hair isn't really frizzy.  The photo just makes it look that way for some reason!
Today, David went to Ealing Broadway so as to drop a letter in to the council pleading against the parking ticket we got outside Woodberry while Picton got us a permit to show in the window.  I doubt we'll be let off the hook though.
Meanwhile, Mum and I went to Primark and finally did some shopping for proper underwear.  At least after seeing that darn t-shirt for the Ponycon, even she decided I needed something other than those horrid crop tops.  Even then she had to interfere though, telling me she "could tell what size I was by looking at me" (!), and my measurements were wrong.  Well, I don't think the blasted thing fits very well myself.  In fact it cuts right into me.  But oh well, she must know best, right?   She thoroughly embarrassed me throughout the whole procedure, which is why I wanted to go shopping alone, but that wasn't going to happen until we move, was it?  And I just couldn't stand waiting any longer.  *Sighs*
We had plenty of time before we had to meet David at WHSmith, but of course, I couldn't do any of the shopping I wanted to do.  I had to walk right past the shops where I would get my anti-perspirant and mascara too.  It's almost as if Mum is daring me to say something.  I know I'm kind of shy in a weird way, but I actually said to her today, "I can't go to Emma's house stinking like this!"  (We all know what sensitive noses my sister and her family have!), but Mum's answer was, "Well, we all know what you do about that.  You cover yourself in soap.  I always smell it!"  WTH is she on about?  She was actually stifling a giggle as she spoke!  I have just about enough left in the can for one more day, with Abigale's birthday, Gabriella's christening, and the Ponycon all in the next couple of weeks.  So my apologies, Emma, if you're reading this.  I shall be stinking the place down once again, just as I always was before my first shopping trip in March.
We went in TKMaxx where I found another MLP t-shirt.  This one has a cute picture of Baby Brightbow on the front with the words "Made in the 80s".  It made me laugh, considering Hasbro released that particular pony in the early 90s!  Baby Brightbow was one of my original ponies though, and for some reason it brought all these memories rushing back to me.  I don't really like the t-shirt though - it's white and practically translucent.  They had it in grey too, which I would have far preferred, but only in size 8.  There's no way I'd have squeezed into that!  10-12 for me in TKMaxx.
They still have tons of toys from the 80s and early 90s too.  Someday I'm going to walk in there and find a MOC Pony Tales pony!  Yeah, right.  In my dreams anyways...
Oh dear, I guess I'd better update you on all the stressful things too.
First off, I got so stressed over the orthodontist again that my parents cancelled the appointment while I was still in bed.  The surgery have just re-scheduled it and we're waiting for the next date now.  I don't see how I can take another load of stress while I've got so much on my plate regarding this house, and yet I'll miss the chance to have free treatment if I wait until we move now.
Oh, but we were moving in 11 days, weren't we?  Oh, sure.  Especially now that David has been refusing to contact Sickton.  Yes, he has been refusing to speak to the architect.  Mum got so angry that she wrote to Picton after that last visit to the house that she e-mailed him herself, as I believe I mentioned before.  She wasn't particularly rude.  She was just more forceful than David would be.  Actually, rather than describing the message, why don't I just post it here?
"None of the colours seem to look very good. They are all too pale. If
the colours in the front room are what go best with a rug like Auntie
Eva's, then we won't be getting a replacement rug!

The latest problem is that having gone over there in the morning, to see
if the colours look any better in the sunlight, we realise that the
downstairs 'office' is like the Black Hole of Calcutta. I thought you
said it wasn't going to be dark in there? It's so dark we would need to
have the light on all day, even when it's bright sunshine outside. There
is a shadow from the wall right across where the desk would be.

What can be done about this? It's a pity you took out Uncle Ron's
kitchen window. Why is the wall so thick where the window used to be?

We have also just noticed that there isn't enough space on the wall above
the opening through to the extension to hang the cuckoo clock anyway!

We've come away in despair. I wish we'd never built the stupid
extension now."
Notice how she didn't sign it and sent it from David's account!
Picton replied to "David" the next day, and said:
"Hi David
Although we took the window out we did not reduce the opeing size in fact we made it wider and higher. Once the roof lights are in place this space will get lighter. With regards to the amount of light this room was never going to be lighter than it originally was.
With regards to your last comment I am somewhat at a lost as we at all time worked with you providing drawings showing all the options I beleive that the problem will greatly improve once there is paint on the walls and most of yuor fears will be dispelled.
With regards to the colours thease are as close to those chosen in the mags any darker and the house will begin to look smaller.
Regards
 Chris"
When David refused to respond, Mum answered this letter this morning...
"Hi Chris

We didn't expect the ground floor office to be any lighter than it was before.  But we didn't expect it to be darker either, which has turned out to be the case.   Ron's kitchen was always perfectly light, and there was never any need to switch the light on during daylight hours.

Presumably the roof lights have now been installed, so we will try to get over to the house and see what difference they make.   I fear that three relatively small roof lights set so high into such a thick ceiling are  not going to provide as much light as Ron's old corrugated plastic roof used to do.    We hoped that removing the larder and toilet from the back of the house and replacing them with full width glass doors would compensate for losing the light from the plastic roof, but it doesn't seem to have worked very well.

Do you have the price for the option of a fixed window next to a back door, rather than just a fixed window.

Has the fireplace man returned from France?

Best Regards

David, Jacqui and Desiree"
Clever, eh?  She wrote "Hi Chris" in a friendly style, and signed it from all three of us so that David couldn't rant at her for "putting the blame on him for everythink".
However, Mum ("David") never got a response to this e-mail, BUT we did get a rather rude message in the post today.
Apparently, Sickton is now going to charge us half as much again to have the doors changed as he originally said.  Meanwhile, my parents argue and won't make their minds up about what they want.  Which means my eight week prison sentence hasn't yet begun.
Picton also says we have to choose all the colours for the house by the end of the week (aka TOMORROW!), otherwise THE decorator (Who THE decorator is I have no idea.  For a start, I thought he was bringing in two decorators, and for a second, can't he employ a different team to paint a few walls?) won't be able to come in until the new year.
So basically it's looking as though we now won't be moving until January or February.  But then that weirdo architect is giving pretty mixed signs.  Today we went to the house to see if the roof lights had been installed.  They hadn't, despite him saying they were putting them in on Tuesday.  However, when we walked into the back room we found an Italian man working hard on THIS...


Yes, the kitchen!  Lucky we walked in just then, because they were totally messing it up.  They hadn't checked our kitchen plan and weren't installing the carousel shelves we had ordered.  They got it right in the end though.
As we walked through the door, Picton ran down the stairs and out the door, carrying David's red colour card away.  I can't understand why, because that was the one colour that one of us (ie. David) actually half liked.  He was very attached to it actually, as illustrated here.


Well, I guess that's all.  Oh, I finally got around to entering the Canadian MLP Fair Mascot Contest.  Considering I dashed this picture off in a couple of hours, I'm pretty pleased with the result.  Allow me to introduce you to Maple...

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!

Hasbro should really make a set of TAF flag ponies, at least in my opinion.  Do you think they'll employ me to design a few non-core seven characters?
Right, it's 1am so I'm off to bed.  I feel a little calmer tonight for some reason, so I shall catch up with all my messages tomorrow.  Thanks so much for standing by me all this time, friends.  You don't know how much it means to me.  *Hugs*
Best wishes,
♥ Desirée Skylark♥

No comments:

Post a Comment