Wednesday, 17 December 2008

For the people who were wondering where I'd gone...

Current mood:  tired

I thought I should stop by write a quick line on here.
Having read my last blog, some people may have thought I'd left Myspace for good, but I promise I will be back to my old blogging self as soon as possible.  I guess I lost heart for a couple of weeks, then things got busy, and everything started going wrong.
It may be I won't be able to write about everything that's happened since Gibraltar, but the blog will soon be back in some shape or form.
Not quite yet though, as I've got wrapped up with Christmas duties, and have been really ill with a cold.  Yes, I know that sounds stupid.  It's not flu, just a very bad cold, but I honestly have been really sick; fluctuating temperature, constant tiredness (I fell asleep on the floor yesterday, and then slept twelve hours when I went to bed!), severe headaches and sinus trouble...  I looked in the mirror the last two days and didn't even recognise myself - I was as pale as a ghost with huge black rings around me eyes!
On top of all of this, our central heating packed up on Sunday, meaning we're FREEZING cold (Mum is sitting on the sofa in her thermal vest and coat right now - as well as her ordinary clothes, of course! - while I'm wearing an extra jumper, which is unheard of for me), and have no hot water whatsoever.
We tried to call a man out to come and fix it, but being Sunday nowhere was open.  We tried again Monday, but couldn't get anyone until this morning... and then what happened?  He didn't come!  They have "no record of us", but will "try again tomorrow".  They'd better try a bit harder than today.  I think we'll have pneumonia before tomorrow is out.
Anyways, sorry to those of you still awaiting a message from me.  I need to get some more sleep now, but I promise I'll try my very best to write to you all tomorrow.
Yours snoringly,
 Desiree Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment