Friday, 6 February 2009

Just SHUT UP!

Current mood:  annoyed

I just want some peace and quiet.  My parents keep arguing, and now Mum is going on and on at me again.  Why don't I have a bedroom like every other 17-year-old?  Or at least a bed where I could go and cry myself to sleep.  Well, I guess I'll be doing that in the shared bed again in an hour or so, after another boring day stuck indoors.  What's the point of getting up in the mornings anyways?
Sorry, this blog wasn't supposed to be about today, was it?  Back to catching up with the last few days - we're almost there now!
January 29th 2009
David had a job interview up London at 2pm, so we were supposed to go to Woodberry early to look at colours.  But we all overslept, of course.  So everyone was in a bad mood with me for sitting up all night talking to my Canadian friends on MSN.  We argued all the way there, and Mum kept moaning about her toothache.  She refused to go to the dentist though, because now that David is labelled as "self employed" and not getting any benfits, she'd have to pay for dental care.
This lead on to me talking about the orthodontist, and reminding David that the appoinment needed to be postponed again as he has double-booked it with the theatre (We're going to see "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat" on the 11th, booked at the same time as "Carousel"! )  Anyways, for some reason Mum started screaching at me about how I'd decided not to go back to the orthodontist, and why can't I make my mind up.  Er...whoever said I wasn't going back?  I just don't want to start any treatment (and another lot of stress) before we move house, but I don't see how I can delay it much longer, otherwise I'll lose my chance to have anything done.  Of course, I don't WANT surgery, but if that's all they'll give me, I have no choice.  There's no way I can live with my ugly teeth - I won't even speak to people most of the time because of them.  Surely even my parents know that?!
But apparently not.  Having "just announced I was back on the surgery idea", Mum announced that she "couldn't possibly look at colours".  David walked up the path to talk to the painter, and she kept ranting at me.  "Why do you keep bringing up the orthodontist and stopping things moving forward?  Actually, why the Hell did you even come?  Why didn't you stay in your bed?"  She said to me as I got out the car.  "Because you called me to get up and come with you.  Anyway, I haven't got a f***ing bed - I have to sleep in your stinking bed with you, remember?"  Yes, I'm sorry.  I slipped and swore again.  I was just so angry by this point.  Of course, my parents were hugely embarrassed that I'd shouted this in front of the painter, and looked at me like they wanted to strangle me there and then.  Why he shouldn't know the truth of where we come from, I do not know, considering we'll most likely never even see him again after this job is finished (if it ever is).
I needed air, so I just started walking.  That's what I love about that area.  I actually CAN just walk away when I need to.  At least I'm not locked up in this prison when I'm over there.  I took a ten minute walk up the road, and visited our three local charity shops on the way back.  Yep, three charity shops within ten minutes walk from my front door!  Just fantastic for pony-hunting!
There were tons of old Polly Pocket and Puppy In My Pocket sets in the first shop, but I didn't know what anybody would want, so I left them all there.  I can't afford to buy things if I don't know that I can sell them on any more.  The second wasn't too good - just one little box of McDonalds toys really in the way of kids' stuff, but in the third one there were TONS of toys!  And in a basket I caught sight of some coloured hair.  Two G1 ponies!

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!
Blossom and Fifi!  All right, so they aren't the best, but I was just too excited to find G1s so close to Woodberry that I had to buy them.  They were 50p each though, so I guess I shouldn't have really.  I did think maybe I'd clean them up and sell them, but seriously, they're in worse condition than I thought they were, and I know nobody would want them except for custom bait.
The ink cleaned off of them quite well actually, and they're really nice and unfaded (as regards Blossom's body and Fifi's bows).  It's such a shame about those haircuts.  Here are a few photos taken after I washed them.

Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!

 
Image deleted by Tinypic before I had the sense to re-upload all my photos to my Photobucket album and update all the links.  I apologise for any inconvenience caused!

As I walked back up the road towards Woodberry, my parents came driving past, honking the horn, bringing me back to reality.  And so back to Grottsville we came, Mum totally refusing to look at any colours whatsoever because of me "lying about the orthodontist to her" and "making her think I'd gone against the surgery".  Well, wait a moment.  I'm not supposed to bring up the subject, but I'm not supposed to mislead her into thinking I'm not having it done if I am by not saying anything.  Er...well, that only leaves one option really, doesn't it?  Don't have it done, and don't mention it.  I said that to her, and she just went dead quiet.  So I guess that's what she's trying to force me to do.  Maybe by not looking at colours she also thinks she'll delay us moving house long enough that I'll lose the chance of free treatment?  I have no idea anymore.
David did go for his interview, but I don't think there's any chance of him getting the job really.  I just don't know what we're going to do about our finance problems.
January 30th 2009
Didn't leave the house.  So much for leaving the house every day.  That was the sixth day of 2009 that I was kept locked up.  When are we going to move so that I can take my life into my own hands?
Mum finally agreed to go to the dentist so David drove her there, and I stayed here in Grottsville to make a few recordings.  That's when I discovered either my microphone or Audacity wasn't working properly though, so ended up having to make the recordings on my tinny little camera with the smashed screen.  I tried to sing "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" A'Capella, but it didn't work out too well, as you can hear the background music through my broken headphones, and my voice was not at its best anyway for some reason.  At least, I like to think that's not my best!
My accent is horrid, isn't it?  Not to mention I slipped up on a few of the lyrics!  Feedback, both good and bad, is very much appreciated.
Ooh, and I think I finally accurately counted how many ponies I have in my MLP collection.  Including different "regular" ponies of all three generations (most loose - about seven I only have MOC), Breezies, my My Pretty Pony, one Soft Sleepy Newborn, and Sing 'n' Dance Pinkie Pie, but excluding duplicates, Petite Ponies, Ponyville ponies, plushies, G3 So Soft Newborns and other merchandise, the total stands at...
1307!!!
I am shocked.  I thought it was over 1200, but not that far over!  Maybe someday I'll reach the 1500 mark?!
Ooh, and I managed to sell a MLP duvet cover and pillow case set, plus an egg cup and pillow from a dolls' bedding set for just over £32 to a Canadian pony collector.  So that pleased me.  I just wish I'd picked up more MLP bedding from car boot sales over the years.  If I'd bought it all, maybe I'd be a millionnaire by now.
January 31st 2009
Went to Woodberry, but once again no colours got sorted out, as we found the painter already working on David's bedroom, so Mum walked out and started swearing at him in the middle of the street.  His solution?  Don't speak to either of us for the rest of the day, and leave me having to lift buckets to flush the downstairs toilet by lying in the bathroom doorway all evening.
I started a thread on the Arena to ask if it would be considered OK to recycle the plastic bubbles from some G2 packaging I've kept all these years - I hate getting rid of anything G1 or G2, but have now decided I can only keep the backcards - and had a shocking response from people saying they wanted them to "complete" their G2 ponies.   The old saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" comes to mind, but this is just crazy!
Well, with January finally complete, I think I shall leave it there, as Mum is moaning that I'm keeping her away from "her" bed.  Interesting how it varies from my bed to hers depending on the argument, isn't it?!
Best wishes,
Desirée Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment