Sunday, 22 March 2009

£500?!

Current mood:  stressed

So David just came in and dropped the next bombshell.  He has gone on paying the builders even though the work should have been finished six months ago and, just as we have been telling him all along, he has now overpaid them by £500.
Why the heck wasn't he keeping a record of what had been paid and the outstanding bill as we went along?  Now how are we going to get that £500 back so that we can go to another architect even if Mum will allow us to do so.
I can see the whole fireplace thing having to go to court.  But here in England, I doubt we'll win the case.  And even if we did win, it's an eight week job to fix it even once the work is commissioned.
Sorry if none of this makes sense.  My parents are still arguing, and I can't concentrate on what I'm writing.  I'm sure you get the gist of it all though.
Oh, and something else I was going to say.  I'm desperately trying to clear up in the back room, opened up a box and found a whole load of mouse droppings.  Admittedly, that box hadn't been touched probably since the end of 2006, but that's still since the last mouse we knew about in 2004.  So we've had mice in here we don't even know about...and we may still have them, as I keep hearing rustling noises, and I found some little black things (either droppings or dead insects) on the antique chair I have to sleep next to down on the floor a couple of weeks back.  So there are most likely mice running all over Mum and I in the middle of the night too.
Agh, my parents are starting to drive me mad with their arguing.  I don't see any way out of this miserable dump.  I wish my cold would go away so that I could start singing again.  It's the only thing that calms me down a little. Oh well, there's always virtual singing, right?
I don't know when...
I don't know how...
But I know something's starting right now!
Watch and you'll see,
Some day I'll be,
Part of your world...

No comments:

Post a Comment