Wednesday, 18 March 2009

So, so tired...

Current mood:  tired

I woke up with a real stinking cold today.  Well, I don't know what I mean woke up.  I couldn't even get to sleep last night - I was freezing cold and unable to breathe.  And of course, I couldn't even sleep upright on the floor in front of the TV cabinet like I could in a proper bed.
I was shivering when Mum got up this morning.  So she got me a hot water bottle and went in the bathroom.  Then she and David went to Emma's house.  David turned straight around and came back here via Woodberry, while she stayed there and walked to the school with the kids for Abigale's "Mothers' and Grandmothers' Day" thing.
I was a bit better once I got up although I felt so sick that I didn't want to risk eating breakfast (I hate throwing up and would rather starve!).  Eventually, I sucked up the courage to eat a banana and a slice of toast though, and felt a lot better for it.  So maybe I was just hungry.
Either way, I've been through half a box of tissues today.   I spent all the time while my parents were out making cassette recordings of various accents from TV shows and Youtube videos...
When David came in, he told me they were fitting the new countertop at Woodberry, which they weren't supposed to do without our supervision. So that stressed me further.  Then he went out again, this time to the storage depot to receive the bureau Mum bought in the January sales, certain that we'd be in Woodberry by this time.
When David went back to Emma's house to pick Mum up, I went with him to get some air.  I ended up staying there for about an hour and a half actually.  Emma got us ice cream from the passing ice cream van again (fortunately, mine didn't make me sick!), and I spent most of the time playing ponies with Abigale and Kizzy again.
Allan got really upset when we left because we'd promised to stay for the evening this time, but obviously I couldn't eat dinner over there feeling like this. So we've agreed to go back on the 30th.  It's really nice that we're getting to see more of them all now.  Mum is happy as well because she feels she "befriended Abigale" today.  I've been telling her all along that Abigale was already just as friendly towards her as the other kids, but she's had this thing about her being "stand-offish and not feeling comfortable around her".  Well, whatever, they're friends again now.
David and I popped into Woodberry on the way back. The new kitchen countertop looks great, but I'm not sure Mum will like the coat cupboard that's been fitted in the extension.  She didn't come in because she was so tired out after being with the kids all day.  My bedroom door was open again though, which is weird, considering nobody has been working upstairs.   I just wish we could move in there.
Rather random, but I looked in the drawer beneath our video cabinet last night (looking for an old recording of "The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehg" actually ), and found I had a VHS tape of "The Little Mermaid".  I have no idea where it came from, as it looks well-used. I know Emma let me borrow hers when I was about 4 years old, and I had to return it before I'd had a chance to watch it.  I remember being really upset at the time...  Anyways, now I can finally watch the movie after all these years.
Ugh, I'm SO tired again now, and yet I know I won't get to sleep with my nose still being so congested (why do these things always get worse at night?!).  Still, I'm going to try to get an early night.
Speak to you all tomorrow!
Desirée Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment