Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Finally!

Current mood:  happy

I got my shopping trip at last - in Uxbridge.  Mum was upset and distressed about me going off alone without any way of contacting them again, so David announced he'd finally get the long-promised mobile phone for us.  Mum didn't want to come for stress reasons (), so I had to pick out a phone by myself.  I know absolutely nothing about phones, but I didn't like the look of the touch-screen ones, so I just picked out a Samsung G600 from the three or four that the woman in the shop recommended to us.  It's charging right now, but I'll take a photo tomorrow.

The one and only thing I do know about phones is that I wanted to get a "Pay as you go" plan, but David said we had to go to Orange where he got his phone, and they no longer have those kinds of plans, it seems?  (See, I'm a total idiot when it comes to all this stuff)  So we just went with the cheapest monthly rate.  But honestly, who am I going to speak to for 200 minutes a month?!  If anyone wants the number, by the way, you're more than welcome to ask as I doubt Mum will use it all that much.  Unlikely, since most of you are overseas, but still thought I should say that in case you thought I was being rude or something.

Well, with that bought, I had to learn how to use it in five minutes flat and go off shopping while David sat in the car.  I managed to get just about everything I needed, but messed up with those Nivea Visage cleansing wipes, hurrying to buy them in Superdrug (where they cost £4 for 25) before I found them in Savers at £2.50 for 40!  Oh, well.

However, I did get a bargain on the mascara.  They only had two of the one I like left in Claire's, and one had obviously fallen part way off of its card and the packaging had been stapled back together.  But I wanted one for every day use here in Grottsville and one for my bag...  So I picked them both up.  The partially de-carded one scanned as damaged stock and only cost £1, so the girl behind the counter reduced the other one too!  So I got them both for a third of the price!

The Entertainer was shut due to a power cut, so I didn't get to see any ponies.  Probably just as well since at least it meant I wasn't tempted to buy any!  I do miss Woolworths though.  Where do you go to buy toys these days?

Next step - get something to wear before Friday, and see if I can do anything at all about my horrible hair without going to a salon...

Best wishes,
Desirée Skylark   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment