Sunday, 17 May 2009

This is pathetic.

Current mood:  excited

I seriously don't believe we will ever move house.
We've waited four weeks for the stupid builders to put the picture rails back up, and told them we wanted to be there to oversee the work.  David went to Woodberry this morning to meet the tiling man (who didn't show up, by the way.  This was the FIFTH broken appointment), and discovered the picture rails were up.

So they obviously decided to do the work on Friday, the ONE DAY they knew we couldn't be there!  And they've messed up yet again...

1) The pattern does not match the original OR the picture rails downstairs AT ALL.

2) All of them slope terribly.  On some walls the difference in height varies by 3cm from corner to corner.  It doesn't sound a lot, but all three of us noticed it as soon as we saw them, so believe me, it's obvious.

So now we have to contact the builder and no doubt David will be a wimp again and politely ask them to correct the problem "when they can".

Then, tonight, David went across to Woodberry again to talk to the neighbours about their picture rails (he was starting to doubt that the pattern had matched those downstairs - the neighbours say they should though, just as we originally thought).  Anyhow, during their conversation, it came out that one of the builders DRILLED THROUGH THEIR LIVING ROOM WALL while assembling our boiler.  This would have been right back last summer, when we weren't being allowed in our own house.  Mark and Sarah (the neighbours) never told us because they "didn't want to worry Mum - she had enough on her plate".  And we never heard a word from any of the builders.  I wonder what other damage they've caused that we never got to hear about?

On a lighter note, I've been doing some research on the old coin operated kiddie rides and found a documentary from 1975 which apparently features an interview with Edwin Hall of Edwin Hall and Co., the company who made a lot of my favourite old rides from the 60s and 70s, including my beloved 'Carousel' the horse who disappeared from Bognor Pier way back in 1996, and I've been unable to find any information on up until now.  I'm still waiting for the first video to load though, so I don't know if it will be of much use.  Anyone who's interested can find it *here*.

Ugh, I got an e-mail from some 25-year-old bloke in the area saying I looked nice in my photo, and he'd like to get to know me better.  So if I wanted to get to know him better, I should message him.  Why the heck would I want to get to know him better?  Perhaps if he was really interested in me as a person he'd bother to read my "Who I'd Like to Meet" section, and see the huge paragraph about how I am only here for Friends and Networking, and not interested in meeting random perverted men on the nearest street corner.  Just because I turned eighteen and I'm still single doesn't mean the rules changed.  I want a life, not a man.  Boy, some people. 

Hmm, what else is there to say about today?  I washed the ponies that I got for my birthday, ready for photographing, so I'll try to get those pics up online tomorrow.

Ooh, and I checked my favourite online TV guide and...

INTELLIGENCE IS COMING BACK TO HALLMARK!
 

Just Season Two, actually, but since I have the DVD box set of season one, I'm happy with that.   They'll be repeating it one episode a week on Friday nights/saturday mornings at 2am by the look of it, starting in mid-June.  I am so excited to finally have the opportunity to see the end of the show, even if I do have to get up in the middle of the night!

I think that's all for now really.  Hope everybody is having a good morning/day/evening, depending where you live!

Best wishes,
Desirée Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment