Friday, 8 May 2009

Will I even survive to live in Woodberry?

Current mood:  scared
I know a lot of you think I'm being stupid to worry about this swine flu, and are even getting angry just hearing the name mentioned, but I just heard about the woman who passed away in Alberta last Tuesday (I repeat, LAST TUESDAY!  Why the heck haven't we heard the news before now?!), and I can't help but worry about where all this is leading...  How many more people have died outside of Mexico since then, that we have yet to hear about?

There's not an awful lot to say about today really.  Mum had to go crawling to David this morning in order to get him speaking to us again, and he hasn't even mentioned the "working away from home" job since last night.

Peter Bell's builders finally got back to us (half an hour before they wanted to meet at Woodberry), so David went to see them alone.  They say that the work our builders have done is appalling, and the doors to the cupboard and toilet under the stairs aren't even hung properly.  They also say we should have had hardboard down on the floor instead of chipboard, because it would have been cheaper and of better quality.  Of course, we know nothing about building work, so had no idea about any of this.

They gave us a quote (which we have accepted) and say they'll get their work done in three weeks time.  It'll take one week for two men to do everything.  If only David hadn't overpaid Mr Williams.  Of course, we have to wait and see if these men are any better, but right now they seem a lot more efficient!

Hmm, what else?  I have found a home for two of the ponies I bought at Epsom, and should be getting £14 for the pair of them.  I feel weird selling them, but I guess they're better off going someplace where they'll be appreciated rather than staying here where they're just duplicates kept in a box...

The DVD drive was also working for a limited time today, so I re-watched a bit of the Intelligence pilot.  I wish they'd repeat the series now that we have Hallmark - I'm dying to see the second season!

Does anybody know what might be causing my "disappearing DVD drive", by the way, or how I might be able to fix it?  One minute it shows up on my list of programs, the next minute it's gone.  And if I insert a disk during the time the program doesn't appear on the list, it doesn't register.  It makes those start-up whirring noises, but then just dies out on me.  I know that doesn't make much sense, but I'm not really up with technical talk, so hopefully you all get the gist of what I'm on about!

A man and a woman in Belfast are now following me on Twitter.  I think they must know each other...but I'm pretty sure I don't know them!  So why on Earth would they be following me?

We went for ice cream at McDonalds tonight, and I tried the new Rolo McFlurry.  It's yummy!  Although I think I still prefer Cadburys Creme Egg and Oreo...

I think it's time to go.  When I have to start talking about ice creams and Twitter, you know I have nothing to blog about!

Thanks for reading,
Desirée Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment