Saturday, 2 May 2009

Yay, Myspace blogging is back!

Current mood:  happy

Well, it seems advanced editing on Myspace blogs was down for a few days while they 'improved' the site?  I've got an updated design bar now, so I'm finally able to start blogging again.

I'm not going to write about any of my news today though - I'm just going to use this as an opportunity to try and figure out the new settings.

Hmm, I really don't think a lot of the 'improvements'.  Okay, so I'm new to this so maybe I'm missing something, but from what I see we have some new fonts including my favourite, Georgia, but they have cut down drastically on my colour options.  Now, as I'm sure you've all noticed, whenever somebody "speaks" in my blog, I "quote them in italics in their own unique colour".  Well, my pink-purple is GONE, Mum's blue also appears to be gone...  (Or is this it?  Nah, it's a bit too dark, I think).  So it seems David is the only one with a voice now. >.<  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find out the colour codes and code it all myself.  Or maybe Mum and I (and any other characters whose colours have been so rudely taken away!) will just have to update our style!

I'm already having withdrawal symptoms from emoticons (I felt so badly that there should be a laughing smiley at the end of that last paragraph!), so let's see what they have to offer us in that department.

Ah, he's still there at least.  ------------>    Hmm, they all are, I think.  We have some new ones too...and at least we only get them offered to us once, meaning they load so much quicker on dial-up now.   I'm loving the hearts too. 

Did we have a strikethrough option before?  If we did, I never saw it.  So thumbs up for that.   And the symbols seem to be pretty much the same.  I wonder if they work any better this time or if they randomly turn to question marks at the nearest opportunity?!?!?!  
Ugh, one last annoying thing.  When I hit enter, it used to turn up two lines and give me a new paragraph...now I just get a one line break.  But I guess I'll get used to that.

 So thumbs up to: More, neatly arranged emoticons
New fonts
Strikethrough option (although that may have been there before)
Quicker loading times

 And thumbs down to:
Having to hit "enter" twice for a paragraph break
LOSING EASY ACCESS TO MY FONT COLOUR among other font colours

Really, I'm just pleased that I can start blogging again though.  There's been so much going on the last few days, that I've been desperate to tell you all about!

Still, I must go now and act as nurse dropping eyedrops in David's eyes (don't ask - all will be explained when I have time to write a proper blog!), and get to floor-bed, since I shall hopefully be going to a car boot in the morning, and I am tired!

*Hugs to everyone*
Desirée Skylark (who is not very amused about losing her font colour!) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment