Sunday, 28 June 2009

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Current mood:annoyed
That was the cry that rang out around the house when we arrived back here today.  Okay, so maybe I was over-reacting...anyways, back to that in a moment.

Went to Woodberry - it was my first chance to leave the house during the daytime for several days, so I could hardly turn it down.  But it meant setting the timer to record Walker, Texas Ranger.  Bravo were supposed to be airing both parts of Sons Of Thunder at 1-3pm, so I decided to tape both so that they'd be on the tape together, even though I already recorded the first part a few months ago.

More disasters at Woodberry.  The wallpaper looks really terrible.  It isn't even touching the wall in places where the idiots have cut it too short, and they've actually torn a piece of paper and stuck it back together in David's office!

We spent several hours there (longer than I had expected) with my parents arguing about colours as ever, and then had pizza in West Ealing on the way back.  While they were preparing the pizza, we took a little stroll, and Mum and I went in BHS.  I fell in love with a gorgeous necklace and earrings set which is currently reduced to £7.50 (I still have a £10.00 BHS voucher that somebody gave me for Christmas, so it would have been totally free to me).  Too bad we still haven't moved house so that I can get my ears pierced.  I would have bought it anyway, and saved it until a time when I could wear the set, but we didn't have time to queue up.  I still intend on going back there though.  They had some nice clothes in the sale too.  I particularly liked a floral-print dress-type shirt but Mum didn't like it saying it was too low-cut or something...although it wasn't really low-cut at all (I don't even LIKE low-cut clothes, as you know).   I think she just doesn't like clothes that look even the slightest bit feminine.

By the time we got back, it was about 5pm.  I went straight to the TV...and the timer had switched off mid-way through the recording, meaning I have a second copy of the whole first part, and precisely FIVE MINUTES AND EIGHTEEN SECONDS of the second part.  I'm so mad at myself for not staying here and taping it myself now. >.<  The online TV guide I use isn't even listing which episodes Bravo will be showing after July 1st, so I'm going to have to start watching the show every day.  (No hardship since I actually do enjoy WTR, but Mum can't stand "annoying fiction" on television, and the only TV in this dump is right opposite the sofa!)

I'm just pretty disappointed right now, and angry with myself for going out.  David says I'm stupid and must have set the timer wrong, but I know I didn't.  It's just another case of nothing working properly in this house.

Well, I think I'll go now.  Otherwise, I'll be running around in circles in my annoyance for the rest of the night!

Best wishes,
Desirée Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment