Monday, 8 June 2009

Pale Parisian Blue is - you guessed it - pale.

Current mood:  sad

David spent another day supervising the builders...only Craig turned up.  He painted the hobby room with the new colour, Laura Ashley's pale parisian blue, instead of doing the preperation work downstairs that he should have been doing (rubbing down walls etc.).  As soon as David came in, he announced that the colour was lighter than he thought it would be - a red rag to a bull as far as Mum and her "light colours = hatred" feelings were concerned.

So we dashed over to Woodberry, and Mum hates the new colour, and wants it changed again.  I must say it looks worse than the last one, and doesn't really go with the grey woodwork or wallpaper.  However, I actually liked the old blue, but Mum didn't, so there's not much point in me talking about colours.  I just don't know how we'll ever get out of this place.

Mum and I spent most of our day trying to clear up in the front bedroom here in Grottsville.  We found tons more insect damage, including big holes in a load of jumpers that Grandma knitted for both Mum and I over the years.  We managed to move enough of David's stuff to get into Mum's old wardrobe.  The stuff's all too small for her now, so she's said I can have anything in there if it'll fit me and I like it.  Of course, it's all old stuff from the 70s and 80s, but hey, I need some clothes, and it's got to be better than nothing!  So I call for a fashion show!  I just need to set aside some time for a photo shoot.

Most of the stuff will probably be too small for me (Mum's four inches shorter than me and was always very petite - probably size 8-10, while I'm more 10-12), but I found a gorgeous faux fur coat and a couple of skirts that'll definitely fit.  And there's a few old bags that she hardly used too.

I don't know what to do with the stuff that won't fit me.  I feel bad getting rid of decent clothes.  They might be old, but a lot of them were hardly worn, and they're all in really good condition.  We also found a huge box of my old toys, that I don't want, but some of the stuff seems to be selling pretty well on e-Bay.

I really want to get my own e-Bay account rather than having to continue to buy and sell through David all the time.  But I need a Paypal account, which in turn means I need a bank account, and I just don't know the best place to go.  David treats me like an idiot, when really I've just been sheltered from the outside world.  If only he'd give me a helping hand the first time I'd happily do everything myself in future.  He's always handled the financial side of things, and even Mum knows very little.  And I can't even look stuff up online with dial-up.  I just need to move and start life again from scratch.

Nothing else to say about today really.  I guess that was just a pretty random (and boring!) blog all round.

Best wishes,
Desirée Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment