Friday, 19 June 2009

Trying to keep myself awake...

Current mood:  tired

I'm so tired, but determined to stay up until 2am to watch Intelligence.  If I don't see it live, goodness only knows when I'll get the chance.  I wish I had my own corner in this house where I could retreat and watch the TV privately at a sensible time of day occasionally!

I'm going to have a bath if David ever comes out of the bathroom.  That should keep me awake for the final hour or so.  In the meantime, I thought I'd do some blogging, but I haven't got a whole lot of news regarding today, so hope you don't mind me bringing up a rather embarrassing topic (At least embarrassing to me).  If it's going to make you feel awkward, don't bother to read it.  I know certain nosy people are probably going to start laughing at me and reporting back to my entire family...

So you know Mum would never discuss hair removal with me so I've literally been having to hoard stuff on my rare solo shopping trips and if I run out of stuff before I get another trip, tough luck.

Anyways, I just cannot find anything that works well enough for me.  I guess my main problem is that I have quite pale skin and dark hair on my arms and legs, which is so horribly noticeable.  The skin on my arms and underarms seems fine with shaving, but my legs are the real problem.

I feel I neglected my legs for so many years that I'll never be able to bare them again.  They're horribly pale from too many years covered up, I created huge muscles (and stretch-marks) in my calves from running around the garden thousands of times a day when I was little because I had no other way of exercising, I've had nasty dry skin (eczema) especially on my knees since I was only two or three years old, I've got marks from evil ingrowing hairs which I would pick at ever since I was about eleven and unable to exfoliate...and this damn modern hair will just not budge.

If I shave, the roots are still noticeable in the skin because it's a dark colour.  Waxing is expensive, never removes all the hair anyway, hurts like heck, and the hair seems to grow back faster than ever.  Creams bring me out in rashes and leave my skin tingling for hours.  I'm tempted to get one of those sandpaper mitt things, but I think that'd kill my sensitive skin too...

Has anyone tried one of these home laser hair removal treatments?  I've read so many varying reviews from the overly positive to extremely negative and my mind is utterly boggled.  From what I've figured out, it's totally pointless unless you can scan many hairs at once, and that means buying a far more expensive scanner.  Bearing in mind I have no regular income, to splash out on some big machine that's going to cost me about £300 seems rather ridiculous, but if it would even cut down the amount of hair I was having to deal with on a daily basis, I think it would be worth it to me.

Anyways, all opinions appreciated.  There's one in Argos at the moment which is about £6.50 cheaper due to the current VAT exemption, but I guess it'll go back to full price in the next catalogue.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot in the scheme of things, but better a tiny saving than none at all!  So I really need to decide by this time next month.  I'm just so sick of having to cover myself up all the time while other women are able to wear a skirt if they wish to do so, and have such perfectly smooth legs.  I feel like I'm incompetent or something.

Well, thanks for listening to my ridiculous moaning.  David just left the bathroom, so I'm going to run my bath, otherwise I'll risk missing the start of Intelligence, and that would never do, would it now?!

Best wishes,
Desirée Skylark  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment