Thursday, 1 April 2010

No news is good news?

Current mood:  tired

I hope that's the case anyway.  We STILL haven't heard from Emma, so don't know the baby's middle names - we still wouldn't even know his first name if I hadn't looked at Nick's Facebook account last night.  We were supposed to be on Easter present delivery duty on Monday though, so I suppose we'll be expected to buy the baby a gift despite not even knowing his name, and get to meet him and find out more then. >.<

March 1st 2010

Another couple parked in our front garden while they went for a long meal in the sandwich bar opposite.  I'm beginning to wonder if the guys who own the sandwich bar have noticed that David is out of work all day and are actually telling people to park in the vacant space.  Well, if that was the case, they got a rude awakening, as we called David who drove back here to complain.  He told them that he was going to call the police if he saw anyone parked in our garden again... and since then we've had no more problems.

David and I were supposed to go to Woodberry to put together the drawers for under my bed, but when we left the house we saw a strange drunken figure staggering past us.  He paused in front of the car, stared at us for about thirty seconds, then let out a maniacal laugh, before walking on, looking over his shoulder the whole time.  He really freaked me out, and I didn't feel right leaving Mum alone in the house, in case he came back, saw that the car was gone and presumed that the house was empty.

We did go to Tesco later that night, but that's not really worth noting in my blog.

I saw a lot of three ponies on e-Bay for a BIN of £8.99, including Daddy Bright Bouquet, Wig Wam and THUNDERCLOUD!  Granted, Thundercloud had some pony cancer spots but it still would have been a great deal.  They were listed for about 30 minutes before somebody snapped them up, so I could have bought them, but I figured it was better to let someone who didn't already own Thundercloud have the chance to buy him cheaply.

David finally got a new adapter so that I could use my own computer again.  But as soon as I plugged it in it began making a weird fizzing noise.  David said it was normal though (?!), so I didn't take too much notice.

We received this really hilarious advertising gimmick through the mail - a free sample of Marmite toothpaste!
 

Okay, so it wasn't really toothpaste...


...but I still thought it was a pretty nifty way to advertise their new cereal bar.  I love novelty packaging like this... and I see I'm not alone.  These have been selling for up to £20 on e-Bay!

Oh, well, I shan't be selling mine - it made for a good April Fool's prank as well: http://mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=232688.html

Although I don't think many people fell for it.  I did see a post on Facebook from an avid Marmite fan following on from my thread though...  Oops!  I hope I didn't raise anyone's hopes too much!

I think I'll have to leave it there.  That's what I get for trying to do three jobs at once rather than concentrating on my blog.  I've been sitting here for an hour and a half!  I'll try and write extra tomorrow to make up for it, otherwise I'll never catch up!

Best wishes,
Desirée  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment