Saturday, 31 July 2010

"I have never been so serious in my entire life!"

Current mood: depressed
My entire family are in a strange mood again, and driving me crazy - I swear they act strangely depending on the position of the moon or something!   Oh well, time for a catch up blog before they send me totally insane!
June 13th 2010

I didn't leave the house - pretty much like today, in fact.  God, this has been a horrible summer... I'm locked up even at weekends these days.  It was Dolly's birthday party at Redwings Horse Sanctuary, but Mum
"didn't feel like dragging around that boring place again"...  It seems she'll only put on the "jolly grandma" act for Emma's children these days! >.<  So David just went to Woodberry to "do some decorating" (and look at God knows what on his computer) before going to work for the rest of the day.

I was exhausted having only slept for six hours the night before, but my throat was still filled with muck as a result of my allergic reaction to the carpet beetles down on the floor.

The toilet started leaking again but David managed to temporarily patch it up.  I honestly don't believe there are any decent workmen out there these days - it seems that you pay out a ton of money to get something fixed and it's leaking/falling apart/looking a terrible mess again within days of the work having been done!

Everybody who walked past was staring and pointing up at our roof, but since we didn't leave the house all day, we have no clue what they were looking at.  Mum rang David at work and asked him to look when he came in from work (at about 1am), and he suggested that
"perhaps there were rats running along there".  Sounds highly unlikely, but I can't help but wonder - we can't see anything wrong with it now (well, no more than usual anyway!), and people are no longer so fascinated by it, so whatever it was must have been a temporary attraction!

Mum was in a fowl mood with me as someone was watching the plush Pound Puppy I had listed on e-Bay and apparently I shouldn't have listed it as she liked it.  But for goodness sake, she picked it up at Epsom car boot sale and had me buy it for 30p so that I could sell it at a profit, with no mention of the fact that she wanted it herself.  And how many stuffed toys does she actually want in a house full of carpet beetles?  Crazy hoarders.  Oh well, you'll be pleased to know he didn't sell, so Mum has now officially added the toy to her growing collection of beetle food!

June 14th 2010

Mum and I had another boring walk up and down the road but we didn't ship the parcels that we should have sent as 'Scar Face' was standing guard outside the post office as ever and I couldn't face walking past him and being leered at again.

I woke up to find a big spider sitting on my pillow beside my head.  Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with spiders - they eat the carpet beetles that cause my allergies, so I consider them my friends.  In fact, we had seen it in Mum's 'floor bed' the night before and had joked that perhaps it was a Black Widow (don't worry, I'm sure it wasn't!) since it was a glossy black colour like none I had ever seen before.  However, it did come as a bit of a shock to wake up and see it there, and I don't like the idea of things crawling on me in my sleep - I'd hate to lie on it and squash it or for it to crawl into my mouth or something!


David didn't come in from work until 11.30pm again - he's working ridiculously hard considering the pittance they pay him, and meanwhile he refuses to discuss any of our problems or sort out the bills he's supposedly working so hard to pay.

I was going through some old blog entries and discovered that most of my photos had been replaced by "Tinypic - this image is no longer available" notices or, worse still, other people's pictures!  Of course, I should have realised this would happen, but I didn't really stop to think about it.  There's now a horrible photo of a man urinating during an account of one of our holidays!  And according to my Iceland blog, 
"We walked along the path you can see in the above photos, in order to get a better look at the waterfall.  Mum was still unmoved by the spectacular views though..."
 

Not surprising really, is it?

Needless to say, I shall be using Photobucket to host all my blog illustrations from now on, but I still need to go through all my old blog entries and save/replace what I can.

I started the long, hard task that day and it was really sad to go through my old entries from 2007ish.  I was still there talking about my hopes and dreams, but the chances of actually achieving any of them seemed much higher in those days.  But here I am, three years later, and nothing has changed really.  It was quite heartbreaking actually.


Oh well.  I didn't mean to end this blog on a low note, I guess I just have to keep my chin up and focus on the future, whatever happens.  I just hope I don't end up saddled in this dump forever more with some creepy bloke I don't love and a bunch of English children tying me down in a country where I could never be happy.  If I can just get to Canada, even on holiday, I'd feel better.  Even if I can't fulfill my more outrageous dreams of re-locating there permanently and becoming a professional voice actress.  I just don't want to die without having travelled "home" at least once...

My sincere apologies for another depressing blog entry, and thank you for sticking by my side through all of this, dear readers.


Best wishes,

DesirĂ©e  xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment