Friday, 31 July 2015

Care Bears Collection and My Strange, Bad Tempered Family

March 1st 2012

Mum had to go and see a doctor as an emergency as her knee had got so much worse that the pain woke her up in the night.  Having actually seen her, they were able to confirm that it was not arthritis but torn cartilage but this should heal in 2-4 weeks.

Thankfully she and David didn't die in a car accident on the way there as that cruel story that a so-called "brony" had uploaded about us had stated.  We had been dreading March 1st...not that we're superstitious or anything but...

I went to Grottsville to do some tidying up while Mum saw the doctor.  Not that I could do much in the way of tidying up.  Everything that was left there now was stuff that I wanted to keep.  I brought yet more very dusty fakie ponies back to Woodberry with me but how was I supposed to tidy up this house when I was still bringing so much stuff here each day?

However hopeless the task, I spent the rest of the day trying to clear up.  I managed to pack all of my Keypers, Glo Friends and Care Bears into one crate which would fit neatly into my cupboard and thoroughly cleaned my bedroom.  I discovered six carpet beetles whilst doing the latter.  No wonder my allergies were back again!

I photographed my Care Bears before I packed them away so here come another bunch of photos for my 80s toy collector readers...


I'm really not sure what I should do with all these 1980s toys to be honest.  It's kind of sad to think that I haven't even looked at any of them since I took these photographs three and a half years ago.  There's a part of me that thinks I should let them go where they would be appreciated (and heaven knows I need the money!), but another part of me doesn't feel right about letting go of such a big part of my childhood.  I don't know.

March 2nd 2012

I didn't leave the house.  My hair loss was very bad again, my scalp was so itchy and sore for no apparent reason.

I emptied the crate that I had brought back from Grottsville, crammed a big Newborn Cuties playset into the Ponyville crate in my cupboard and managed to fit the Twist n Style Petal Parlour up on top of my MLP shelves.  However, the "twisting" handle of the parlour was scraping on the ceiling which can't have been doing either of the touching surfaces much good!  I also dusted the top pony shelf.

None of this sounds like much to do, but even that much tired me out.  I was awfully unfit...or maybe I was just depressed.  God knows.

David was convinced that he wouldn't lose his job unless he received an official redundancy letter.  Well, I guess we all need a dream.

March 3rd 2012

I didn't leave the house for the second day running.  Gosh, I knew how to waste my life!

I washed my bed linen which meant hanging it on the airer in the loft...where I found David sitting on the toilet with the door partially open.  Yuck.

In my attempts to eliminate allergens, I pulled my bed away from the wall to hoover and spray insect repellent.  I was distressed to see that the floor behind my bed was absolutely covered in hair.  I also found two more live carpet beetles.

On a happier note, I found the pink butterfly decoration that used to hang on my window frame and also a pencil which must have fallen down behind my desk.  I also realised that there was space under my bed for two crates behind my drawers which would help to house some of the MLP merchandise from Grottsville.

The fridge door broke.  Another thing to blame on our cowboy builders who hadn't fitted the kitchen units properly.  It would cost £150 to fix and we couldn't get anybody to come and fix it until the following Wednesday.  Until then, the door had to be held shut with a broom handle!

David went to the office to do unpaid work from 3pm onwards, despite the fact that he was obviously going to lose his job soon.  He didn't leave before upsetting me though, snapping at me that it was "my fault that I didn't get education as I wouldn't get on a bus when I was 12".  I don't actually remember anybody asking me to get on a bus or arranging a school for me to go to?

I stayed up until 3am making up my own choreography to "Love and Marriage" and desperately trying to teach myself to sing.  Kind of sad really.  I needed proper lessons but had no idea where to go at my age, not that I could afford them anyway.  And would I really enjoy them when I was so self conscious about my hair?

March 4th 2012

It POURED with rain so we didn't get to go out until 1pm.  Mum almost didn't come even then because she didn't think she would be able to get her boots on.

We had an exciting trip to Grottsville to collect some more of my MLP fakies while David went to Hoover Tesco.

Upon our return, Mum managed to injure her knee further while David was helping her out of the car.  She began swearing while I was still trapped in the car.  (I couldn't get out on the road side due to a lot of passing traffic).  David got embarrassed and started sticking up for Sickton and his cowboy builders saying that it was Mum's fault that she had hurt herself getting off of the front path because she "hadn't chosen a step".

Mum pointed out (loudly) that she wouldn't need to choose a step if the builders had done their job properly and anyway, when had David taken her to look at possibilities?  David was angry with her for showing him up and stormed inside, leaving her hobbling up the path in the rain and calling her a "f***ing c***" over his shoulder.

I tried to help her up the path and shouted at him to leave her alone.  At this point, David got really angry with me for taking her side.  In fact, I had to hide in my bedroom for a full 90 minutes while he screamed at me before he finally went off to work.  I'm a "lump of sh*t", he "needs me gone", he "hates me" and is "writing me out of his will".  He "wouldn't be coming home tonight" but he was sure that Mum "would honour me with her company once he was gone".

My arms and legs were killing me following heaving all the heavy furniture around the previous day.  And my nerves were shot from all the aggro.  So I spent most of the evening watching a favourite TV show and trying to calm down.

March 5th 2012

David had come home at midnight the previous night, of course, despite his "threats".  I was still awake, sitting at the dining table, watching a DVD.  He literally RAN through the door, collected the rubbish bag and ran back out.

Then he returned and seemed shocked that I hadn't run away and hidden in my bedroom.  He did a hot water bottle for Mum and stood in the family history room while the water boiled so that he wouldn't have to see me.  He didn't say one word to me, of course.

By the morning, he was back to normal.  And so goes my strange family life!

I spent the day trying to clear up but the place still looked as though a bomb had hit it.  I also watched Barbie in a Mermaid Tale II.  Ashleigh Ball sounded terrible with her phony Australian accent, but it was nice to have Kelly Sheridan back in her rightful place as Barbie.

Back to Grottsville that evening while he had another wonderful trip to Tesco.  We picked up some more stuff relating to my MLP fakie collection, and dropped off Mum's Knowledge magazines which I had photographed for her to list on eBay.

Then to McDonalds for fries which they took more than ten minutes to serve.  Still, a ten minute delay is nothing compared to the three and a half years it's taken me to serve up this blog!

Best wishes,
DesirĂ©e  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment